BECOMING A PARISH OF INTENTIONAL DISCIPLES
-Sherry A. Weddell
"It is not the same thing to have known Jesus as not to have known him, not the same thing to walk with him as to walk blindly, not the same thing to hear his word as not to know it…. We know that with Jesus life becomes richer."-Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel
In her first book, Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus, Sherry Weddell, cofounder of the Catherine of Siena Institute, captured the attention of Catholics across the globe as she uncovered the life-changing power that accompanies the conscious decision to follow Jesus as his disciple.
Now, in the groundbreaking Becoming a Parish of Intentional Disciples, she has gathered together experienced leaders and collaborators whose exceptional field-tested wisdom and enthusiasm for transforming Catholic parishes into centers of discipleship and apostolic outreach is both inspiring and practical.
The authors consider:
- The role of intercessory prayer in parish transformation
- How "fireside chats" can help a pastor connect with his parishioners and call them to personal discipleship and mission
- The co-responsibility of lay people andpastors in the work of making disciples
- The revolutionary impact of a discipleship approach to youth ministry
- How one parish successfully fostered a culture of intentional discipleship, and much more
As Sherry asks in her own chapter, "Are we willing to answer the call and pay the price necessary to become a new generation of saints through which God can do extraordinary things in our time?"Paperback. 144 pages.