CAPTIVATED BY THE MASTER
A THEOLOGICAL CONSIDERATION OF JESUS CHRIST
Fr. Brian Thomas Becket Mullady, O.P., S.T.D.
Fr. Brian Mullady brings enlightenment and consolation with this powerful summary of the Teachings of the Catholic Church about Christ.
Masterfully addressing the gap in the knowledge of modern Christians about the traditional doctrine of Christ, Fr. Mullady confronts the efforts of modern theologians who suggest that Christ’s purpose on earth was merely to resist unjust social structures and advance wise moral teachings.
According to Fr. Mullady, such fundamental misunderstandings of Christ lead to a flawed interpretation of Scripture that wrongly minimizes miracles and reimagines uncomfortable sacrifices. To remedy such confusion, he documents how the nature of the union between God and man in Christ came to be defined over a five-hundred-year period by major Councils of the Church. Drawing on these gradual but consistent pronouncements, Fr. Mullady speaks with authority about the reasons Christ came to earth and shows how the nature that He assumed promoted His purpose, which was to redeem the human race.
With Fr. Mullady as your guide, you will learn:
Paperback. 147 pages.
- Why Jesus had to become human
- Why Jesus prays… even though He is God
- Why Jesus did not come to earth as an angel
- Why Adam’s sin spread as punishment to the entire human race
- Why, although He was God, as a young boy Jesus “increased in wisdom and stature”
- The meaning of “God from God, Light from Light” in the Nicene Creed
- And much more to help you know and love Jesus better!