HANDPAINTED PORCELAIN EGG CUP (BY MONASTERY OF BETHLEHEM) - GOLDENROD
These hand-painted egg cups will make a beautiful addition to your home. While these are real European style egg cups they have many home uses and are great for a unique gift.
- Proudly painted in the USA by the Monastic Sisters of Bethlehem exclusively for EWTN
- The pattern named lozenges is an intricate, detailed design in which geometric shapes harmonize
- Available color options:
- Each piece is individually hand painted on USA made fine china and kiln fired by the Sisters of Bethlehem in Livingston Manor, NY. The original patterns have been created by the Sisters of Bethlehem here and abroad
- Egg holder for hard cooked soft boiled eggs
- Pinch bowl for salt, pepper, herbs and spices
- Miniature goblet, espresso/shot glass (1 ounce)
- Rosary holder for small or medium size rosary
- Jewelry (ring) holder – keep it by the sink or on your vanity
- Toothpick holder
- Microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe (may fade over time if harsh detergent is used)
- Approximate measurements 1 7/8”W x 2 ½”H and holds 1 ounce
The Order of the Monastic Sisters of Bethlehem of the Assumption of the Virgin and of Saint Bruno was founded in 1950 in Rome. There are 550 sisters in 30 monasteries living in 15 countries. Since 1987, at the invitation of Cardinal O’Connor, a community of monastic sisters lead a contemplative life in Livingston Manor, New York.
The Sisters of the Monastery of Bethlehem earn a living by hand painting chinaware. In decorating each piece individually, they first draw the pattern with a china pencil or with a charcoal stick over a “pouch.” After, they hand paint the porcelain pottery with fine brushes. It is then kiln fired at the Monastery.
The Sisters produce their handmade artwork in solitude, in prayer, and with love.
Each Egg Cup is individually hand-painted, slight color and design variations may occur.