JESUS THE MASTER PSYCHOLOGIST
LISTEN TO HIM
--Dr. Ray Guarendi
Rightly regarded as America’s leading Catholic psychologist and family counselor, EWTN’s Dr. Ray Guarendi details the fundamentals of Christian psychology in his incomparable down-to-earth style, directing us first to the root of all healthy counseling: the words of the Redeemer.
In some teachings, Jesus Is two millennia ahead of what psychology is only now coming to understand. In other, He directly contradicts what today’s psychology preaches. In these pages, Dr. Ray explores the teachings of both modern psychology and Jesus Christ to identify the therapy tools worth employing – and those we should avoid. Most notable, he helps us understand that every tool and counseling guideline worth pursuing can find its roots directly in the words of Christ.
Jesus knows our minds far more intimately than we do, and He knows the rewards we receive for following the paths He advocates. Dr. Ray’s experience as a father of ten and his mastery of the New Testament enable him to provide recommendations for dealing with numerous daily issues, including:
- Ways of transforming your natural qualities into supernatural qualities
- Methods for overcoming jealousy and other passions
- The rearing (and benefits!) of problem children
- What it means – and doesn’t mean – to turn the other cheek
- Developing habits that help improve your self-awareness
- Means of truly understanding the old adage “know thyself”
Paperback. 131 pages.