LIFE AND LOVE
Opening Your Heart to God’s Design
-- Terry Polakovic
Human life. We marvel at its complexity, we wonder at its fragility, and as Catholics we embrace its dignity. But as far back as 1880, the Church has faced the reality that our culture often stands in opposition to God’s loving design for life, love, marriage, and family.
Terry Polakovic takes us on a fascinating tour of eight Church documents, spanning nearly 140 years, that pertain to human life and love including:
- Arcanum Divinae (On Christian Marriage), by Pope Leo XIII, 1880
- Casti Connubii (Of Chaste Wedlock), by Pope Pius XI, 1930
- Humanae Vitae (Of Human Life), by Pope Paul VI, 1968
- Familiaris Consortio (On the Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World), by Pope John Paul II, 1981
- Mulieris Dignitatem (On the Dignity and Vocation of Women), by John Paul II, 1988
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by John Paul II, 1995
- Deus Caritas Est (God Is Love), by Pope Benedict XVI, 2005
- Amoris Laetitia (The Joy of Love), by Pope Francis, 2016
Whether you have read these documents before or are discovering them for the first time, Life and Love
will help you understand how the Church consistently and fearlessly offers the only true response to the battles of our time.Paperback. 208 pages.