OUR LADY OF GOOD HELP
PRAYER BOOK FOR PILGRIMS
-Fr. Edward Looney
In 1859, the Virgin Mary appeared as the Queen of Heaven to Adele Brise, a 28-year-old Belgian immigrant living in Northeast Wisconsin. Today, the National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help commemorates this Marian apparition—the only approved apparition to have taken place on United States soil.
One need not visit Lourdes or Fatima to pray at the site of a Marian apparition. The Mother of God has blessed our own country with her presence. More Catholics, especially American Catholics, need to know what happened in Wisconsin, to learn its message, and to enter into a time of prayer.
This Pilgrim’s Prayer Manual will
- guide the devotee on a pilgrimage to the National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help
- help increase devotion to Our Lady
- serve as a spiritual pilgrimage for those not able to physically go
- introduce the faithful to Adele, the visionary
- offer the fascinating history of the United States only approved Marian Apparition
Through the rosary, the stations, novenas, and other prayers, Pilgrim’s Prayer Manual serves not only as a beautiful memento for pilgrims, but it will also help those unable to go to Champion, to foster their own devotion to the Blessed Mother from the comfort of their own home as a pilgrim from afar.Hardcover. 283 pages