OVERCOMING THE EVIL WITHIN
The Reality of Sin and the Transforming Power of God's Grace and Mercy - Fr. Wade L. J. Menezes, CPM
We all recognize that we are sinners. We constantly strive to do God's will, and when we fall short, we go to the confessional to experience God's healing mercy in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Yet for all too many of us, when our sins are washed away, the shame of sin may linger on our hearts and plague us even as we resolve anew to follow Christ. This shame is one of Satan's most insidious means of separating us from God's love and forgiveness.
With gentleness and wisdom, Fr. Wade Menezes of the Fathers of Mercy shows you how to overcome your shame of sin and surrender to God's mercy. Far from ignoring the reality of sin, Fr. Wade illustrates the consequences of evil and vice, while reminding you that however great your sin may be, God's goodness is greater. At every moment, He is calling you to Himself. He seeks your love and desires you, with all your sins and all your shame.
Some of the topics discussed in this book include:
Paperback. 160 pages.
- How to overcome the emptiness you feel when you are far from God
- How – and why – you must distinguish between sins of malice, sins of ignorance, and sins of weakness
- The four consequences of every sinful act
- How to perform an effective examination of conscience
- The four aspects of a proper Confession and its nine benefits
- What “fear of the Lord” really means
- How to hear God’s voice in your life and respond to His call
- Plus: Daily prayers to help you on your journey to sainthood!