RAISING UPRIGHT KIDS IN AN UPSIDE DOWN WORLD
Defying the Anti-Parent Culture
From raunchy television shows to immoral peers, the barriers to raising moral and mature children are higher and more treacherous than ever. In his latest book, acclaimed Catholic psychologist Dr. Ray Guarendi offers parents a road map through this difficult and sometimes frightening terrain, bringing his decades of clinical practice – and his experience as a father of 10 – to address some of the hardest questions of modern parenting:
Raising Upright Kids in an Upside-Down World
- How do you manage your children’s access to pop culture?
- How much freedom do you give your kids to choose their own friends – and when do you step in to prevent bad choices?
- How do you respond to others, including your own family, who resist your countercultural parenting?
- What are the habits of mind you need to instill in them to enable them to stand strong against a morally and spiritually corrosive culture?
- How do you handle the over-abundance of stuff – toys, clothes, technology – that engulfs your family’s everyday life?
- When do you give (or take away) a smartphone?
is a clarion call for strong, confident parenting in precarious times. More importantly, Dr. Ray gives you the resources to grow in that confidence: the knowledge of an expert, the insight of an experienced clinician, and the wisdom of decades of fatherhood. This is a book for parents who aim to safeguard their children and form them into discerning souls who value the things of God, no matter the work or effort involved. Dr. Ray is here to tell you: it’s worth it.Paperback. 144 pages.