SAINT MARGARET OF CASTELLO (LITTLE MARGARET) ROSARY WRAP BRACELET
"Little Margaret" was born in 1287 to a family of nobility near Florence, Italy. To the great distress of her parents, upon her birth they discovered that she suffered from a variety of severe physical ailments. She was a dwarf, had a curved spine that left her hunched over, was lame to the point that she could barely walk and was blind.
Seeking a miracle, her parents took her, at a young age, to a Franciscan shrine in Castello. They didn't receive one and abandoned her.
Margaret was cared for by the town's poor, then by nuns in a local convent.
Known throughout her life for her holiness, she was received as a third order secular Dominican and started a school for children. Despite her suffering, she remained cheerful, persevered in love and charity throughout her 33yr life.
She is an inspiration to those who are discouraged and tempted to self-pity. Her intercession is most powerful to those who suffer from eye and muscular diseases. She has also become a patron for pro-life groups, and those who are unwanted and abandoned.
St. Margaret was declared Blessed in 1609. Her incorrupt body lies under the main altar of St. Dominic Church in Castello. She was canonized a saint April 24, 2021. Her Feast day is April 13.
This Rosary Wrap bracelet is a reminder of St. Margaret of Castello's patronage of persons with disabilities and patronage of the pro-life movement, and is full of symbolism.
Mother of pearl is a natural material, variations in the beads are expected.
- Features a 1" St. Margaret of Castello patron saint medal
- Made with 6mm mother of pearl Our Father and Hail Mary beads ("Margaret" means "pearl")
- A round St. Benedict medal with Corpus approximately 3/4"
- Miraculous Medal center bead
- Complementing black spacers represent her life as a secular third order Dominican, burgundy spacers symbolize the lifelong suffering she endured in union with Christ, the blood of the unborn and unwanted, and the widely-recognized color for disability awareness
- It is made with tarnish-resistant sterling silver memory wire
- Fits most adults and teens
Hand made in the USA.