SIMPLE STEPS TO A STRONGER MARRIAGE
— Dr. Ray Guarendi
Simple Steps Bring Big Rewards - and a Happier, Healthier Marriage
Marriage expert Dr. Ray Guarendi has learned, through counseling many couples, that the secrets to building a better relationship with your spouse don’t need to include learning exotic new communication techniques or rearranging your lifestyle. In fact, several are so simple that you likely learned them in grade school.
In his lighthearted style, Dr. Ray explains that the secret of a good marriage is applying a handful of commonsense, time-tested ideas practiced by others who have done it well. Each chapter in this book presents a baby step you can take, encouragement to overcome resistance to taking the step, and a fictional couple in dialogue with an anonymous therapist (guess who!)
Simple Steps reminds you that a happier, more rewarding marriage is achievable. You will learn how to make basic changes that will leave “daily discontent” behind and create a positive chain reaction in both your marriage and your family. Dr. Ray even shows how couples on the brink of separation can restore healing and intimacy to their marriage.
With the Doctor’s advice, you will learn:
- The importance of developing the habit of saying “I’m sorry” (with apologies to Erich Segal!)
- Why silence can truly be golden (and how to really listen!)
- How to be polite when you don’t feel like it and how to ask constructive questions
- Tips on how husbands can support their wives in parenting (it’s easier than you think!)
- How living by the “Just don’t say it” philosophy is a game changer
- How “touch says much,” and why affection sometimes chills in a marriage
Moreover, you will see how simple manners can transform your relationship, and you will gain pointers on how to give meaningful praise to your spouse.Paperback. 145 pages.