TAUGHT BY TEN
— Dr. Ray Guarendi
Practical Advice on Raising ChildrenRaising ten kids revealed to Dr. Ray Guarendi and his wife, Randi, a lifetime of insightful lessons. Dr. Ray shares his wisdom with clarity and abundant humor, because as any mother or father knows, parenting is too important to be taken too seriously.
With his rich, tenfold experience as a father, Dr. Ray gives guidance that will help you gain confidence in molding and instructing your own children. Through his many absorbing anecdotes, you will learn how to act with calm authority whether with a disrespectful teen or a tantrum-throwing toddler.
Through parenting, Dr. Ray learned to avoid labels and to respect each child’s temperament. He reinforces how with each child you can become a better parent.
You will learn, as he did, to be better able to stand strong in God’s grace and trust in His plan if your children have special needs. You will be moved by stories of children who were affected by serious health issues, substance abuse, and unstable foster-care placement. You will also learn:
- Why stronger parents, who act more and lecture less, have smoother family lives
- How “the look” is a form of classical conditioning that helps convey authority
- The power of affection to show your children your love
- To present a united front as parents and not be manipulated by your children
- How perseverance and consistency in setting and enforcing expectations pays off
- To resolve (and avoid) conflicts, teach respect and manners, and much more
Most strikingly, you will see God’s providence at work in forming your family. You will grow in resolve and wisdom to guide your children when young and give them wings to fly when older.Paperback. 144 pages.