THE HOLY MASS - On Earth as it is in Heaven
— Kevin and Mary O’Neill
Charming Catholic friends Fulton and Cynthia return in this vivid comic-book format to take children on a simple yet profound journey through the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Children will learn about God’s plan of salvation and how the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist is at the very heart of our Faith. This engaging book explores how the Old Testament is fulfilled in the New and unveils the beautiful typology found in Scripture, such as how Mary — the new Eve — bore Jesus, the fruit of her womb, for our redemption. You’ll be inspired as you explore new insights into how Moses and the Passover relate to the Last Supper and Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Best of all, this book will equip you to share with family and friends:
- The mystery of transubstantiation and the graces received by frequently attending Mass
- Belief in the Holy Trinity, the Incarnation, and the purpose of our creation
- God’s covenant relationships in Scripture and His Covenant with us today
- The story of our redemption and God’s invitation to the eternal wedding banquet
- How God’s instructions regarding Old Testament worship continue into today’s Liturgy
- The significance of the Sacraments and deep meaning behind the various elements of the Mass
Moreover, you’ll learn how to physically and spiritually prepare for Mass and draw graces from each part of the liturgy, from the opening procession and Liturgy of the Word to the Liturgy of the Eucharist and dismissal. You’ll also discover how the Our Father signifies each act of worship in the Holy Mass and the underlying meaning of incense, candles, vestments, and more.
This potent book explores various Eucharistic miracles, such as the Miracle of Lanciano, and offers glimpses of saints and their teachings relating to the Eucharist and the Holy Mass. Indeed, you’ll rejoice as your children absorb clear teachings of the eternal truths concerning the source and summit of our rich, historical faith — the Holy Eucharist — brought to us through the hands of the priest. Hardcover. 240 pages.