THE MAGNIFICENT MISCHIEF OF TAD LINCOLN (Turnabout Tales)
— Raymond Arroyo
From New York Times bestselling author and news anchor Raymond Arroyo comes a fun picture book biography of Tad Lincoln, his relationship with his father President Abraham Lincoln, and a story about a parent’s love for his son and the wisdom of a child. Full of humor, this romp through history will teach children about the power of curiosity, imagination, friendship, empathy, determination…and even a little mischief!
Tad Lincoln was forever getting into trouble. He bounced around the White House making mischief and annoying almost everyone but the president. Yet Tad was his father’s joy and comfort amidst a brutal war, a family tragedy, and the toll of holding the nation’s highest office. When Tad befriends a turkey meant to be holiday dinner, his plea for the pet to be spared teaches Abe a lesson about mercy. It also starts the tradition of the presidential turkey pardon, a tradition that presidents carry on to this day.
In The Magnificent Mischief of Tad Lincoln readers will:
The Magnificent Mischief of Tad Lincoln
- learn about the larger-than-life personality of Tad Lincoln and his father President Abe Lincoln, highlighting the importance of family
- see the impact of empathy and understanding towards others
- be inspired by Tad’s resilience and determination, as he overcomes challenges learning to read and dealing with a speech impediment
- enjoy Tad’s mischievous and adventurous spirit, encouraging children to embrace their curiosity, explore new ideas, and make a difference in the lives of others by being themselves
Hardcover. 32 pages.
- an annotated list of resources
- a fun history lesson about a favorite holiday tradition
- vibrant illustrations by artist Jacqui Davis, and
- an author’s note by Raymond Arroyo, New York Times bestselling author of The Spider Who Saved Christmas
Also check out Raymond’s book, The Unexpected Light of Thomas Alva Edison
, the first book in the Turnabout Tales
series, which explores the hidden, pivotal moments that define some of history’s greatest men and women.