WEB OF FAITH
Whether about morality or matters of doctrine, hundreds of questions a year are posed to the average priest, with vast spiritual significance hinging on each answer — conversions and reconversions, children’s formation, the survival of marriages, new vocations to the priesthood, and the eternal destiny of those on their deathbeds.
Yet there remain few good Q&A compendiums published over the past half century.
In response to this need, Fr. John Trigilio and Fr. Ken Brighenti, hosts of EWTN’s Web of Faith, draw on their years of pastoral experience to compile a comprehensive list of the best questions ever asked of them, responding to each with the same natural warmth, intellectual heft, and spiritual acuity that has earned them such a large international following.
As on the Web of Faith television program, their conversational style opens fresh lines of questioning to which Fr. Trigilio and Fr. Brighenti provide clear, insightful answers. The result is 400 pages of rewarding material touching on practically every category of Church life and Catholic teaching imaginable, including:
Paperback. 400 pages.
- How to go to Confession and how not to
- What you must believe versus what you can have your own opinion about
- Sacred Scripture’s claims and mandates
- How to deal with family collapse
- Why customs matter
- Who the Church Fathers and Doctors are – and what they teach us
- Bad words and unwanted thoughts: what is sinful and what is not
- How the life of Christ should influence how one prays
- What the Church teaches about cremation versus burial
- Psychics and their abilities
- How canon law applies to laypeople
- How to avoid the dangers of the Internet
- The importance of reading lists and how to pick good books
What a delightful experience! The pleasure of Web of Faith isn’t just in the knowledge and the clarity these priests bring to bear in answering a remarkably diverse range of questions — it’s also in their friendship, their experience, their humor, and their pastoral wisdom.
—Dr. John-Mark Miravalle, professor of systematic and moral theology, Mount St. Mary’s Seminary
I am happy to recommend Web of Faith, by Fr. John Trigilio and Fr. Ken Brighenti. In this book, they provide answers to some of the practical questions that arise about the reasons for the beliefs and practices of the Church.
— The Most Rev. John J. McIntyre, auxiliary bishop of Philadelphia
Drawing from their exceptional knowledge of the Catechism, Fr. Trigilio and Fr. Brighenti share with the average Catholic, encouraging and life-changing anecdotes from decades of faithful pastoring. This is an insightful guidebook that encourages hope and inspires faith!
— Thomas McKenna, founder and president, Catholic Action for Faith and Family