WHAT WOULD MONICA DO? - Consolation, hope, and inspiration in the spirit of St. Monica for those bearing the cross of a loved one who is away from the Faith
— Patti Maguire Armstrong and Roxane Beauclair salonen
St. Monica was the loving mother of St. Augustine, Catholic theologian and Doctor of the Church. While St. Augustine became one of the most influential theologians of the Catholic Faith, he spent a period of time running from God. During this period, his mother prayed continuously for his conversion. God answered her prayers!
In What Would Monica Do?, two mothers, authors, and lovers of St. Monica offer guidance, practical advice, and prayers for navigating the difficulty of losing a loved one to the world through their reflections on St. Monica.
With this resource of inspiration and consolation, readers will learn:
What Would Monica Do?
- The story of St. Monica’s faithfulness to God and selfless love for her child.
- How to navigate the grief of watching a loved one leave the Faith.
- Prayers to offer for the conversion of children and grandchildren living contrary to the Catholic Faith.
- How to let go of anger and unforgiveness to allow your heart to be filled with peace and comfort.
- How to set an example of faith that draws non-believers to Catholicism.
- And more!
is the friend and guide that you need to find peace and consolation in a relationship with your heavenly Father even while experiencing tremendous grief and disappointment. St. Monica, pray for us!Paperback. 266 pages.