WOMEN OF GRACE LIVE - JULY 23, 2021
How to Receive – and Retain – God’s Most Potent Gift
--Fr. Brian Thomas Becket Mullady, O.P.
Grace is one of the most enigmatic concepts of our Faith. Yet it is uniquely and wonderfully woven into all that we do and believe as Catholics. In this book, Fr. Brian Mullady provides one of the clearest and most luminous explanations of grace ever written, employing the same “everyday Catholic” language that has made him so popular as an EWTN guest and retreat master.
God created Adam and Eve to walk and talk in intimacy with Him in the Garden. Our highest calling is to return to that state of perfect holiness, which we can achieve only by relying on God’s sanctifying grace.
Perfect holiness is not only possible but essential if we wish to achieve eternal life. That’s why Fr. Mullady has written this accessible and practical guide – to help you understand how grace is working in your life presently and to teach you how to seize all the unclaimed graces God is offering you throughout each day.
You will learn how the action of the Holy spirit comes from within the very character of your being and how to improve your openness to each of the three types of grace. Your will explore the time-tested methods for practicing the three counsels of perfection and how to employ remedies against the three great weaknesses of our nature. You will also learn:
- How grace perfects – and does not destroy – nature
- Precisely what you must do to make yourself more open to grace
- The three types of grace and how to magnify them
- Why God expanded the Israelites’ knowledge of right and wrong (and thus their culpability) but did not communicate grace to them
- Why God uses mediators of grace even though He is the source of grace
- Two theological errors that most people of good will mistakenly believe
- The three states of nature on which even the workings of God depend
- How grace operates in our daily lives to bring us closer to each person of the Trinity
Paperback. 128 pages.